“Have Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Queen & Dinner like a Begger”. I always remember my mom saying this to me and my brother when we were children. But as the time passed by, People started giving less importance to breakfast as they are pretty busy and in a hurry in the morning.
This is one of the recipes of my favourite chef which I obviously tried and tested and added on some of my twist to it. So let’s just jump right into it.
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil (any type of oil but preferably Vegetable Oil)
- 1 whole egg + 2 tbsp beaten egg
- some grated cheese
- Onions, capsicum (optional)
- pepper to taste
- chilli powder to taste
- salt to taste
- scallions for garnish
- In a microwavable container, mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, chilli powder & pepper with a fork.
- Then add in the milk, oil & 2 tbsp of egg and mix the batter well until combined without any lumps.
- Add in the grated cheese and the vegetables with some scallions and mix them in the batter.
- With a fork or a spoon, push the batter to the edges of the cup & crack the whole egg into the hole and cover it with the batter. (It’s okay if some part of the egg is still seen.)
- Put it in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes. It’s completely cooked if you touch it on the top and it is firm.
- Garnish with some scallions and it’s ready to eat!
This is a perfect breakfast for the people who are pretty busy in the mornings and are looking for a complete and nutritious meal. You can even make it the night before and put it in the fridge and in the morning take it out, crack in the egg and put it in the oven. There you go! A healthy and tasty breakfast in 10 minutes. It could even be a perfect snack if you want it to be. And remember, be inventive and innovative. Try spicing it up to your own tastes.